Venue – Łódź City
Source: archiwum UMŁ
Łódź, the former textile industry empire, today is a city of modern technologies, creative enterprises and grand events.
The city is known for:
- National Film School (the graduates received 19 nominations, 3 x Oscars, 10 x Palm d’Or and many other) and five other big public Universities.
- Nightlife. 80 000 students, artists and fashion designers make the city an interesting place full of life.
- Unique history. In the 19th century, it was the fastest developing city in Europe that provided work for thousands of people in the textile manufactures. At that time it was a home for Poles, Jews, Germans and Russians - even today you can find the traces of its multicultural past.
- Industrial buildings revitalized and adapted to their new functions and interesting architecture scattered all over the city
- Piotrkowska. One of the longest commercial street in Europe that makes an amazing spot for evening meetings.
Łódź is a dynamically changing city that is applying for organization of the International EXPO 2022:expo2022.uml.lodz.pl